Sunday, 23 December 2012

FOTD and Write Up: Festive Mixed Metals

I decided to do a festive look for you and do a write up for it because I think this is a super-quick way to get a very sparkling and party-ready look for Christmas or New Years.




I started with the eyes and, after priming, swept and then blended a cool brown into the crease (ELF Studio Cool Bronzer) and a matte off-white highlight colour on to the browbone (ELF Studio Cool Bronzer). I patted a gold pigment over the eyelid (MAC 'Gold Mode' pigment) using my fingertip, but a dense, flat brush would do as well. Next, I used a silvery glitter eyeliner in a thick line across the lashline (Collection Glam Crystals glitter liner in 'Hustle') before lining again with a black liner very close to the lashes for extra definition (Collection Extreme felt tip liner). The last step for the eyes was lashings of mascara, but false eyelashes would be really lovely for parties.

Once the eyes were done I used Clarins Beauty Flash Balm all over my face and buffed on a matte foundation (Bourjois Flower Perfection foundation). I then used a liquid highlighter to strategically add glow to the tops of my cheekbones (MeMeMe 'Beat the Blues' highlighter). I used a cream contour and a healthy pink cream blush (Illamasqua 'Hollow' Cream Pigment and ELF All Over Colour Stick in 'Pink Lemonade'). I skipped powder to keep the look glowing rather than cakey.

For the lips I used a plum lipstain for longevity and the stain-y texture- and piled it on to get the colour deeper (Palladio Lip Marker in 'Plum').

I was really pleased with this sparkly look, even though it was relatively simple to achieve. I think the mixed textures really help to highlight the mixed warm and cool tones. I'd love to hear what everyone else is wearing this festive season!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Love the liner! And I always like mixing silver with that family of lip colour, it just looks so festive!

Wendy Ayche said...

I love your eyes :)!
Much love,
Wengie
http://www.wengie.com